The role and competences of the Institute Advisory Board are defined in the statutes of the Inspé.
The composition of the Institute Advisory Board is set out in the statutes of the Inspé.
Any member who is a voting member of the Institute Council or of the Scientific and Pedagogical Advisory Board may not be a voting member of the Institute Advisory Board in the same capacity.
The Institute Advisory Board shall be composed of equal numbers of members with voting rights.
For elected members, each list submitted must respect this parity rule by proposing alternating lists of candidates of each sex. Where the distribution of seats between the lists within each college does not result in the election of an equal number of candidates of each sex, in order to restore parity, the next candidate on the list for the last seat in office shall be declared elected and, if necessary, the next candidate on a list for the penultimate seat in office shall be declared elected.
The appointment of persons sitting as ex officio members with voting rights must also respect this principle of parity.
Permanent Guest Members
In addition to the Director of the Inspé if she is not elected, the following persons, if they do not sit in a voting capacity, shall be permanently invited to sit on the Institute Advisory Board in an advisory capacity:
- The deputy directors of the Inspé ;
- the person in charge of the administrative and technical services of the Inspé ;
- the director of the research unit EA4671 ADEF (or his representative) ;
- the director of the research federation FED 4238 SFERE-Provence (or his representative) ;
- the Inspé's chargés de mission;
- the persons in charge of the MEEF Master's degree courses;
- those in charge of the courses attached to the MEEF Master's degrees;
- the heads of the Inspé colleges;
- the representative of the director of the AMU ALLSH UFR ;
- the representative of the Director of the AMU Science FRU ;
- the representative of the Director of AMU STAPS ;
- the representative of the ALLSH sector of the UAPV ;
- the representative of the AU Science Sector;
- the representative of the Academic Delegate for Training and Pedagogical Innovations ;
- the representatives of the four academic directors of the national education services;
- the representative of the Dean of RN-IRPA ;
- the representative of the Dean of the IEN-ET and IEN-EG ;
- the representative of the first level NEIs;
- the Inspé managers of the training, resources and means, research and international cooperation poles.
The Director of the Inspé may summon as an expert or guest any person whose particular competence is likely to enlighten the Board on a specific item on the agenda, on her own initiative or at the request of more than one-third of the members of the Board. Requests to call an expert or guest must be received by the Director of the Inspé no later than two days before the Council meeting.
The Institute Advisory Board is chaired by the Director of the Inspé or her representative, who leads the meetings and moderates the debates.
Institute Advisory Board Meetings
The members of the Institute Advisory Board are convened by the Director of the Inspé, eight days before the meeting is held. A tentative schedule of regular Institute Advisory Board meetings for an academic year is communicated to all members at the beginning of the year.
The Institute Advisory Board shall meet in ordinary session before each meeting of the Institute Council. It may meet in extraordinary session on a specific agenda, at the invitation of the director of the Inspé, or at the request of half of its members.
The agenda, drawn up by the director of the Inspé, is notified to the members of the council eight days before the meeting. The necessary preparatory documents shall be made available to the members of the Institute Advisory Board within a reasonable period of time prior to the meeting.
One-third of the members of the Institute Advisory Board may request the Director of the Inspé to place an item on the agenda.
Any member with voting rights may request the inclusion of a miscellaneous item on the agenda. This question must be submitted in writing to the principal one week before the date set for the school council.
The meetings of the Institute Advisory Board are not open to the public. Only members with voting or advisory rights may sit as members. The list of members with an advisory vote shall be laid down in the Rules of Procedure.
Conduct of the sessions
The Institute Advisory Board may validly deliberate only if at least 50% of its current members are present or represented at the beginning of the meeting.
If the quorum is not reached, the Institute Advisory Board shall be reconvened within 15 days and may validly sit regardless of the number of members present or represented.
An impeded member may give proxy to another member. No person may hold more than one power of attorney.
Decisions of the Institute Advisory Board shall be taken by a majority of the members present or represented. In the event of a tie, the President shall have a casting vote.
Voting shall normally be by show of hands. A secret ballot shall be used at the request of the President or one of the voting members of the Board.
A meeting may be suspended for a period specified by the Chairman or at the request of at least one third of the members present or represented.
The minutes are drawn up and signed by the director of the Inspé. They are sent to the members of the Institute Advisory Board within one month of each meeting. The director of the Inspé is responsible for its publicity.
At the beginning of each meeting, the minutes of the previous meeting are submitted to the Board for approval.