Role and skills
The board of the institute decides on the training and research policy of the Inspé within the framework of the University's policy and in accordance with the Inspé project established by the three partners and
accredited by the Ministries of Higher Education, Research and Innovation and of National Education.
of National Education. It decides on matters relating to the organization and operation of the
of the Inspé and deliberates in particular on
- the orientations relating to training and research
- the general organization of studies
- the multi-year accreditation project
- the draft budget and its execution;
- the statutes and internal regulations of the institute;
- the creation of standing committees.
It gives an opinion on draft contracts or agreements, on the distribution of jobs and on
It participates in the appointment of the director of the Inspé by making a nomination proposal to the
ministers in charge of higher education, research and innovation, and the Ministry of Education.
The Institute Council is composed of thirty members, with equal numbers of men and women, fourteen of whom are elected representatives, three representatives of the University of Aix-Marseille, and thirteen outside personalities. Membership is nominative and cannot be delegated to a third party. In the event of a vacancy, the person is replaced in accordance with the appointment procedures defined in the statutes. The term of office of the members of the board is set at five years, except for the user representatives for whom the term of office is set at two years.
Fourteen elected representatives:
Six electoral colleges are defined by the Education Code:
- College A: two representatives of university professors or equivalent;
- College B: two representatives of lecturers and similar staff;
- college C: two representatives of other teachers and other trainers from higher education institutions;
- college D : two representatives of the staff of the ministry of education and exercising their functions in the schools, establishments or services of this ministry;
- college E: two representatives of library, engineering, administrative, technical, social and health personnel;
- College F: four representatives of users (students, trainee civil servants, teaching and educational staff benefiting from continuing education activities and persons benefiting from training activities for training and education professions).
Three representatives of the University of Aix-Marseille:
- the President of the University of Aix-Marseille, or his representative ;
- the Vice President for Training or his representative
- the Vice President for Research or his representative.
Thirteen external personalities :
- five members appointed by the Rector of the Aix-Marseille Academy;
- one member appointed by the President of the University of Avignon and the Pays de Vaucluse;
- one person from outside the university appointed by the president of AMU for his or her personal expertise in the fields of teaching, education or training;
- one member appointed by the president of the Provence Alpes Côte d'Azur regional council
- one member appointed by the president of the Vaucluse departmental council
- one member appointed by the mayor of Digne-les-Bains;
- three outside personalities designated for their personal skills in the fields of teaching, education or training by the other members of the board meeting beforehand.
Permanent guest members who participate in the board in an advisory capacity
- the deputy directors of the Inspé, if they are not elected;
- the head of the administrative and technical services of the Inspé;
- the director of the research unit UR4671 ADEF (or his/her representative);
- the director of the research federation FED 4238 SFERE-Provence (or his representative);
- the Inspé mission managers, if they are not elected;
- the heads of the MEEF master's programs, if they are not elected;
- the heads of the Inspé colleges, if they are not elected;
- the heads of the administrative and technical divisions of the Inspé
The procedures for appointing the Chairperson of the Institute Council are set out in the statutes of the Inspé.
The chairperson shall preside over the meetings and lead the discussions of the Institute Council. If the president is unavailable to chair a meeting of the Institute Council, he or she is replaced by the youngest of the five persons appointed by the Rector of the Aix-Marseille Academy who is present. In this case, he/she is subject to the same obligations as the current president for the meeting in question.
All members with voting rights are required to attend all meetings of the Institute Council or to be represented. Any member who is absent or not represented at three meetings will automatically be removed from office and replaced in accordance with the rules of appointment in force.
Meetings of the Institute Council
The Institute Council meets when convened by its chairperson. The provisional calendar of ordinary Council meetings for the academic year is drawn up at the beginning of the year and communicated to all members.
The Institute Council may meet in extraordinary session and on a specific agenda at the initiative of its chairperson or the Director of the Inspé, or at the request of at least half of its members in office.
The agenda for each meeting of the Institute Council shall be drawn up by the president on the proposal of the Director of the Inspé. At least one third of the members may request the inclusion of an item on the agenda. Any member with voting rights may request the inclusion of a miscellaneous item on the agenda. The meetings of the Institute Council are not public. Only members with a deliberative or advisory vote may attend. The list of members with a consultative vote is set out in the statutes and supplemented in the rules of procedure (see Section 1 Article 6 of the rules of procedure).
Conduct of meetings
The Institute Council can only validly deliberate if at least 50% of its members in office are present or represented at the beginning of the meeting.
If the quorum is not reached, the Institute Council is reconvened within a maximum of fifteen days and may validly sit, regardless of the number of members present or represented.
A member who is unable to attend may give a proxy to another member. No one may hold more than one proxy.
The decisions of the Institute Council are taken by a majority of the members present or represented. In the event of a tie, the president has the casting vote.
Secretariat and minutes
The minutes are drawn up on the initiative of the President of the Institute Council. They are drawn up at the end of each meeting and sent to the members of the Council. They shall mention the names of the members present or represented and of the absent members excused.
At the beginning of each meeting, the minutes of the previous meeting are submitted to the Board for approval.